A healing modality developed in Japan; involves the transfer of universal energy through the laying on of hands. The Reiki practitioner, attuned to vibrations of this force, is a conduit through which the energy passes to the recipient at specific anatomic sites (e.g., chakras).”
chakra Ayurvedic medicine
Any of the body’s 7 energy centres, which act as “relay stations” for the flow of Life Forces and create a luminous energy field known as an aura that reflects the body’s energy; illness is viewed as the result of block or restriction in the flow of the body’s energy, which requires chakra balancing.”
Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012
The 7 Chakras
1. Root Chakra – Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.
2. Sacral Chakra – Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem.
4. Heart Chakra – Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy, inner peace.
5. Throat Chakra – Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth.
6. Third Eye Chakra – Our ability to focus on and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes. (Also called the Brow Chakra)
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions.
7. Crown Chakra – The highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss.